The Sony Digital8 DCR-TRV340 camcorder is one of the best options to transfer your old Hi8/Digital8 tapes to your computer or to use this as a Sony Handycam Digital8 Player to watch your tapes on your TV. The DCR-TRV340 comes with everything you need (battery, charger, cables) to effortlessly digitize your tapes with your video capturing software. This Hi8 camcorder is compatible with tapes that say Hi8, Digital8, D8, 8mm, Super8, or Video8. Just take a look at your video cassette . . . if you see any of those words (Hi8, Digital8, D8, 8mm, Super8, or Video8), then yes, this Sony Handycam will playback your tapes. You will need to confirm that your tape speed matches the settings on the camcorder (SP vs LP).
The included battery gives you at least 120 minutes on a single charge, while the included AC adapter/charger allows for continued use while plugged into an outlet. The included RCA cable (the red, yellow, and white one) plugs the camcorder directly into the television while the included IEEE 1394 Firewire will plug the camcorder directly into your computer’s firewire port.
The Sony DCR-TRV340 Handycam video camcorder is one of the most reliable camcorders that Sony made. This Digital8 camcorder is certified refurbished and comes with an unlimited 90-day warranty.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Compatible with all Hi8, Digital8, 8mm tapes. The DCR-TRV340 will playback any Hi8 or Digital8 or Video8 or 8mm . . . you name it, and it will play it back. This model is reverse compatible and designed specifically for use with all formats of tapes that are Hi8/Digital8.
- Connects to your computer to transfer your videos. You can use the included FireWire (IEEE 1394) cable to connect the camcorder to your computer to transfer your tapes to your computer.
- Plays back video on your TV. Use the included RCA (the red, yellow, white) cable to connect to any television to play your tapes from the camcorder onto the TV. No setup is required. Easy to use.
- High-quality playback and recording. Designed with an impressive 3460k gross imaging pixels and a 25x optical zoom. Playback on the 2.5″ color LCD screen makes viewing your tapes a breeze.