The 500mm f/6.3 LD UNC AL lens from Oshiro is a all-metal super telephoto T-mount lens with an aperture diaphragm in the middle of the lens body to stop down the aperture when necessary. Much of the shooting with such a lens will be at its maximum f/6.3 aperture with a tripod, monopod or other such support. It’s maximum aperture of f/6.3 provides substantial light gathering for edge to edge sharpness and lovely high resolution photography. This super telephoto works on both full frame as well as APS-C digital SLR cameras. You can use the lens in “M” manual mode or “A” aperture-priority mode only.
One extra-low dispersion (LD) element is incorporated within the design that helps to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations for increased clarity, sharpness and color accuracy when photographing in strong lighting conditions. Ultra nano multi-coating eliminates lens element reflections and reduces ghost and flare. Its enhanced optical design consists of 4 lens elements in 4 groups with minimal glass-to-air surfaces. The physical design also incorporates a tripod mount and removable lens hood that helps to minimize lens flare and ghosting. .
Bright sunlight and a sturdy monopod or tripod is recommend when using this lens.
Focal Length: 500mm
Max Aperture: f/6.3, Min Aperture: f/32
Angle of View: 5 degrees
Format: Full Frame and APS-C
Structure: 4 elements in 4 groups
Aperture Blades: 8
Focusing Distance: 9.8′ (3m)
Dimensions: 4.5 x 17 in (114mm x 432mm)
Weight: 1565g (55oz).
- ADVANCED OPTICS – Featuring an optimized design, this lens uses mirrors and a series of 4 optical glass elements in 4 groups to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations. A anti-reflective coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- SUPER ZOOM – Manual focus 500mm or 1000mm with the 2x converter, this lens is not only a superb long range choice, but also performs well in a variety of scenes from sports and surveillance to everyday shooting.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION – Full metal body and rear mount allow this lens to withstand wear and tear much better than plastic lenses while commanding a rugged, solid feel when using.
- LOW DISPERSION – One extra-low dispersion (LD) element is incorporated within the design that helps to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations for increased clarity, sharpness and color accuracy when photographing in strong lighting conditions. Ultra nano multi-coating eliminates lens element reflections and reduces ghost and flare.
- INCLUDES – SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDXC SD Class 10 Memory Card, Opteka SD Memory Card Reader, Memory SD Card Carrying Case, Opteka T-Mount for Canon, Opteka 2x Telephoto Lens Converter, 50-Inch Tripod, Opteka Video Light, Circuit City Mini Tripod, Circuit City 4 Pack AA Alkaline Batteries, Circuit City 8-Piece Cleaning Kit, Lens Cap Holder