Designed for the adventurous type, the red Tough TG-5 Digital Camera from Olympus is a durable point-and-shoot with a rugged physical construction and apt imaging capabilities. Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers notable image clarity and low-light performance, to ISO 12800, along with fast 20 fps continuous shooting, 4K/30p video recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Balancing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions. Additionally, the Variable Macro System also positions this lens for close-up shooting with subjects just one centimeter away for true macro photography.
Olympus Tough TG-5 Digital Camera (Red)
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.6V, 1350mAh)
Micro USB Cable
SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card
12″ Flexible Gripster Tripod
Ultimaxx Carrying Case
High-Quality Lens Cleaning Pen
High-Quality Dust Blower
Ultimaxx Floating Wrist Strap (Red)
Ultimaxx Memory Card Wallet
Ultimaxx High Speed SD/SDHC/Micro SD Card Reader
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Tough Design The TG-5 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps: Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 50′ / 15m Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C Shockproof to falls from 7′ / 2.1m high Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 100 kgf of pressure Dustproof-rated to IP6X to protect the internal components of the camera
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Processor Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers a mixture of speed and sensitivity to suit both photo and video applications. The BSI design of the sensor affords cleaner image quality at higher sensitivities, up to ISO 12800, for working in low-light conditions, and the processor further helps to reduce noise and expand the dynamic range.
- 4x Optical Zoom Lens Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the built-in 4x optical zoom lens covers a 25-100mm equivalent range and has a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions.
- Field Sensor System and Built-In Wi-Fi Ideal for recording data while shooting in the outdoors, the Field Sensor System includes a GPS module, manometer, compass, and a temperature sensor. This data, along with the photos and movies themselves, can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi where the tracking data can be embedded or overlaid onto the images themselves using the OI.Track app.
- Also benefitting the camera’s use outdoors, the lens has been sealed with double-pane glass to prevent fogging and condensation. The camera body design has also been configured to permit direct operation while wearing gloves, and the zoom lever has been relocated for easier access.